.

.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Bey & Jay, I wanted more #GRAMMYs2014

I expected so much more from Beyoncé and Jay Z at the 2014 Grammy Award Show. For this to be "Music's Biggest Night" and the first live performance of Beyonce's new hit single "Drunk In Love", a lip syncing chair routine just was not enough. 

The couple opened the 56th Annual Grammy Awards Show with Beyonce's very sexy but dry chair routine. At some point she looked as if she forgot her next move. When she finally decided to stand, she did a slight twerk dance and failed. Now Beyoncé how could you let Miley Cyrus out twerk you????

For the record, I'm not a Beyoncé hater and I commend her for being daring with her new album. But I'm disappointed with her uneventful performance. 

I wanted Beyoncé to do what she does best and put on a show. I wanted action. I wanted the couple to performed their past hit singles "Crazy In love" then "Dangerously In Love" and end with "Drunk In Love". I wanted other "drunk in love" couples on the stage to add liveliness. And her wardrobe, not only was her thong like, 2-piece, fishnet attire too x-rated for a family friendly show but it didn't even fit her body properly. 

Maybe Jay-Z and Beyoncé just didn't care or have the time to rehearse for a real show. Or maybe the believe at this point of their careers they already have proven their talents, but c'mon, IT'S THE GRAMMYS.

One thing I did like was the brief PDA toward the end of their performance that the couple rarely shows. If you missed the performance, here it is.



video by hypable.com

No comments: